March is Music In Our Schools Month and is celebrated annually throughout the world! It’s a time to engage our students by sharing the benefits of a musical education. Music plays a part in each of our lives. Participating in band and making music is an experience that stays with us forever.
Pick a specific moment in your own life when music impacted you for the better. Represent your school and share your story! Where do you play?
Two students will be selected and announced the last two Mondays in March on our social media platforms with their stories featured and given a Central Music gift bag complete with #iplayhere apparel and a gift card to our store! Additionally, the school tallying the most participants will be awarded an added bonus of a new band instrument for their program!
*Student essays will be read and voted on by those of us at A&G Central Music to determine each week’s featured participant*
- This contest is open to students in schools that A&G Central Music services within the Metro Detroit Area
- Essay submissions begin now and MUST be submitted by 5PM, March 11th *The sooner the better, if you want the most chances to win*
- Tag your submission and write #MIOSM and #iplayhere at the end of your essay
- There is no minimum or maximum word count
- All entries must include the following information:
Student name, first and last, grade, school and band director’s name
6th Grade, Page Middle School
How to Enter:
Type it, take a picture, or scan it. Send your essay to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, drop it off at either of our two locations!
For our hours or questions regarding the contest, please call us at 248-541-6843
By participating in this contest, you agree to allow A&G Central Music to use your submission complete with your name and school, online and for in-store display purposes.